As fall begins to roll in and the weather starts to cool down, this chili will keep you warm and keep your blood sugars in check!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 15-oz can diced tomatoes (with liquid)
- 1 6-oz can tomato paste
- 1 4-oz can green chiles (with liquid)
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 avocado (optional)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Brown onions in a non-stick skillet for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and turkey to onions. Break apart turkey and cook until browned.
- In crockpot, add all ingredients except avocado and mozzarella. Mix in skillet contents as well.
- If you’d like your chili done a little more quickly, cook on high for 3-4 hours. If you have time, cook on low heat for 7-8 hours.
- Once chili is done, cut avocado into slices.
- Divide servings into bowls and place ¼ avocado and ¼ cup mozzarella on top of each bowl.
Nutritional info (with optional avocado and mozzarella) for 1 serving:
Calories: 350, Fat: 13g, Carbs: 21g, Protein: 39g