This is an awesome twist on an old favorite, with less carbs and more flavor!
Servings: Makes (4) 4oz servings
- 1lb. chicken breast
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt and pepper
- parchment paper (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Slice chicken breast into thin strips.
- In a bowl, beat two eggs.
- In a bowl or on a plate, mix coconut flour with salt and pepper. Put shredded coconut in a separate plate or bowl.
- For each piece of chicken breast, follow this sequence:
- Roll in coconut flour until completely covered.
- Immerse in beaten eggs.
- Roll in shredded coconut until completely covered.
- Place on a parchment paper covered pan (or non-stick pan if preferred).
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven, flip tenders, and bake for another 2 minutes or until golden brown. Thinner sliced strips will take less time, while thicker strips will take longer.
Alternatively, for a crispier tender, these can be fried in coconut oil on the stove.
Nutritional Info (per 4oz serving):
calories: 286, fat: 12g, carbs: 11g, protein: 32g