MAKING THE CONNECTION
Between Patients and Providers VIRTUAL EDITION
A Comprehensive Strategy on the Modern Management of Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes
DECEMBER 11, 2021 | 9:00AM - 4:15PM PT
Interactive 6-hour Program
Earn Educational Credits
Live Q+A With Expert Speakers
Network with Professionals
Lectures On-Demand 30 Days*
An interactive EDUCATIONAL conference experience for Healthcare Professionals FROM AROUND THE WORLD…with expert speakers, re-watchable lectures and live Q&A during every presentation!
Stay updated on the latest information and cutting-edge research in treating type 1 and type 2 diabetes while learning the best practices to open two-way communication with your patients and improve long-term outcomes. Check out educational and entertaining lectures presented by our world-renowned speakers with real experience (many who live with diabetes themselves) and participate in Live Q&A in every session. Don’t forget to network with our international community of healthcare professionals. End the day with practical knowledge to advance your practice.
This is a 6-hour interactive program, please see the full accreditation information here. If you miss any content during the live, virtual event, you may watch recorded content and claim credit for up to 30 days after the event. Pre-registration is required.
WHEN – SATURDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2021
Conference Program: 9:00am – 4:15pm PT
Exhibit Hall & Networking Opportunities: 8:00 – 9:00am, 11:30am – 12:00pm, 1:30 – 2:00pm PT
WHERE – VIRTUAL!
This event will be hosted online. All registered participants will receive an email the week of the event with a link and instructions to participate.
HOW MUCH – $25
Registration deadline is December 7th.
Held in conjunction with the CME program, it’s life-changing day of education, motivation and empowerment to give people living with diabetes the tools they need to take a more active role in their health.
Looking for detailed conference schedule and speaker information?
Presenter Slide Decks
Download the presentation slide decks ahead of time
and save them to your laptop or tablet!
**NOTE: Adding event to your calendar does not register you for the event. To register, please click “REGISTER NOW” button.**
We focus on five distinct areas of the most cutting-edge diabetes management strategies:
1. Understanding the emotional and behavioral issues that affect adherence and glycemic control in people living with diabetes
2. Lowering Cardiorenal Risk While Improving Glycemic Control with oral agents: Understanding and effective use of the new ADA treatment algorithm.
3. Practical Application of individualized insulin strategies and a close look at the cardiovascular effects of the GLP1-RAs
4. A Focus on Time in Range, Unmet Needs & Modern Management of Type 1 Diabetes: continuous glucose monitors, insulin pumps, hybrid closed loop systems, adjunctive therapies and techniques to improve time in range
5. Diabetes criminals and the diabetes police: A workshop to focus on the provider patient relationship
MTC LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Upon completion of these activities, participants should be able to:
• Identify the different pathophysiologic defects associated with type 2 diabetes and how all the pharmacologic agents (oral and injectable) address these specific abnormalities.
• Discuss the recently published cardiovascular-renal outcome trials on oral (SGLT2 inhibitors) and injectable type 2 medications (GLP1-RAS).
• Evaluate the use of SGLT-2 and GLP-1 RA in patients who have cardiovascular risks factors and are at risk or have a history of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD).
• Discuss approaches to combination therapy with the currently available oral agents, as well as physician and patient-directed insulin titration strategies and the basal-bolus approach.
• Design a treatment plan for multiple daily injection regimens and insulin pump therapy including hybrid closed loop systems.
• Demonstrate the ability to select effective therapeutic adjustments based on CGM trending or rate of change arrows, time in range, and standard deviation.
• Recognize the physical and emotional barriers that prevent patients with diabetes from being persistent and adherent to their therapeutic regimen(s).
• Employ innovative and dynamic strategies for communication with patients to strengthen provider-patient relations and improve patient outcomes.
EXPERT SPEAKERS & STATE-OF-THE-ART PRESENTATIONS – A rare opportunity to get advanced education through interactive presentations presented by the nation’s leading experts and key opinion leaders in diabetes care from the comfort of home.
LIVE Q&A DISCUSSIONS – A unique live discussion where you can get your questions answered in real-time by seasoned healthcare professionals with real experience (many of our speakers live with diabetes themselves).
NETWORKING ON AN INTERNATIONAL LEVEL – Interact and engage with healthcare providers from all over the world to share your ideas, expand upon your knowledge, and make professional connections.
EARN EDUCATIONAL CREDITS – Get credits and finish the program with practical knowledge to implement into your practice. This is a 6-hour interactive program, please see the full accreditation information here.
30 DAYS OF INFORMATIONAL LECTURES – Enjoy 30 days to re-watch all recorded educational lectures presented by TCOYD’s powerhouse faculty of medical experts.*
*If you have already participated in a 2021 Making the Connection event, you cannot claim credit twice
*If you miss any content during the live, virtual event, you may watch recorded content and claim credit for up to 30 days after the event. Pre-registration is required.
“The program was well organized and went from the basics to the complex. An awesome program that kept me glued to the computer!”
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the University of California San Diego School of Medicine and Taking Control of Your Diabetes. The University of California San Diego School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA: The University of California San Diego School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurses: For the purposes of recertification, the American Nurses Credentialing Center accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ issued by organizations accredited by the ACCME. For the purpose of re-licensure, the California Board of Registered Nursing accepts AMA PRA Category 1 credits™ (report up to 6.0 hours of credit and list “CME Category 1” as the provider number).
Physician Assistants: The AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society. Physician assistants may receive a maximum of 6.0 hours of Category 1 credit for completing this program.
Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialists: To satisfy the requirement for renewal of certification by continuing education for the Certification Board for Diabetes Care and Education (CBDCE) continuing education activities must be diabetes related and approved for a provider on the CBDCE list of approved providers (cbdce.org). CBDCE does not approve continuing education. The University of California San Diego is accredited by the ACCME, which is on the CBDCE list of approved providers.
Pharmacist Accreditation Statement
Global Education Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Global Education Group designates this continuing education activity for 6.0 contact hour(s) (0.6 CEUs) of the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education. (Universal Activity Number – 0530-9999-21-015-L01-P)
This is a knowledge based activity.
Attention HCPs from outside of the US: To see if you are eligible to receive CME credits check here.
Cancellation Refund Policy
Need to cancel? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To receive a full refund, cancellations must be received no later than December 7, 2021.
GET YOUR CME CREDITS HERE!
Attend the Conference. Get the Code. Get Your Credits!
After you have attended the Making the Connection conference click below to claim your CME credit. Be sure to reference your credit access code, found in the materials you will receive on the day of the conference.