Who says you can’t have your granola and eat it too? Well, actually nobody because that’s not a saying, but in this featured recipe from the popular food blog alldayidreamaboutfood, we think you’ll discover a new breakfast favorite. For all of you granola lovers out there looking for a low-carb option, this one’s for you!
Servings: # 12
- 1½ cups almonds
- 1½ cups pecans
- 1 cup shredded coconut or almond flour
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1/3 cup vanilla whey protein powder or collagen protein powder
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 300F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, process almonds and pecans until they resemble coarse crumbs with some larger pieces. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in shredded coconut, sunflower seeds, sweetener, and vanilla protein powder.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the peanut butter and butter together.
- Pour melted peanut butter mixture over nut mixture and stir well, tossing lightly. Stir in water. Mixture will clump together.
- Spread mixture evenly on prepared baking sheet and bake 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove and let cool completely.
Nutritional Info per serving (recipe makes 12 servings):
Calories: 338, fat: 30g, carbs: 10g, fiber: 5, protein: 9g