Leftovers that inspire and pantry items about to expire…
700 square feet isn’t a lot of space for: stocking up for months’ supply of toilet paper, loading up the freezer with meats and the pantry with cans of nonperishables and bags of rice, or dance parties featuring more than two people and a dog; however, it doesn’t mean you need to compromise on a healthy and hearty meal.
- 1 8.5 oz package of cauliflower rice – cook accordingly
- 2 cups of roasted chicken meat, chopped (or you can use cooked ground beef/turkey; or, make it vegetarian and omit this step!)
- 1 can of black beans, drained and dried (or for a lower-carb option, omit this step!)
- 1 can of enchilada sauce (or 6-9 oz of any “sauce” you’d like)
- 2 cups of shredded cheese (or try it with feta or any crumbly cheese for some different flavors!)
- Your choice of seasonings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss cooked cauliflower rice, chicken/meat, beans, sauce, seasonings and any other fun pantry items (we added a can of green chilis and drained jalapenos because we like it spicy) into a 9×9 baking dish (or any size, really…this is all we have). Top with 1 cup of cheese evenly spread out.
- Bake for 15-20 mins.
- Take out, stir it up, top with more cheese and anything else you want (we added chopped tomatoes, cilantro, avocado, and green onions). Bake for another 5 mins or so.
- Here’s the fun and versatile part. Now you can:
- crumble some tortilla chips on top
- dollop on some sour cream
- eat as a dip with crackers
- fold up into tortilla for a burrito
If you want this to be more of a chili, add in a can of tomatoes and a 16 oz box of bone broth (or any stock) to the first step, and omit the cheese until the end. Cook on the stovetop for about 20 mins.
Nutritional Info (using cauliflower rice, chicken, black beans, enchilada sauce, & Mexican blend cheese):
Calories: 459, Fat: 12.5g, Carbs: 24g, Fiber: 5g, Protein: 40g, Sugar: 3g