Serving Size: 1
- 2 generous handfuls arugula
- ~1/8 c chopped fresh cilantro (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 large nectarine, sliced or diced
- 1 small or 1/2 large avocado, sliced
- sprinkle of hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- ~1-2 Tbsp. honey (to thicken and mellow the vinegar, may omit to reduce carbs, if omitting I suggest more of a 2:1 ratio of the oil to vinegar)
- Toss arugula and cilantro in bowl so cilantro is evenly distributed.
- Top with nectarine and avocado.
- Sprinkle with hemp hearts (or chopped nuts for more crunch).
- Drizzle with dressing.
The dressing will probably make more than needed, so you can double the salad portion of the recipe or use the leftover as a marinade or dressing for a salad another day. And if you don’t like cilantro, other herbs like basil, dill, or mint would also pair well.