What’s in it:
- 1 (3-5 pound) whole chicken, giblets removed*
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh or dried thyme, oregano, basil
Let’s put it together:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Take butchers’ twine and tie the chicken.
- Season generously inside and out with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the outside with the herbs.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan or oven safe sauté pan.
- Bake uncovered for about 45 min to 1 hour in the preheated oven, to a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Remove from heat, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest about 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
375 calories; 32.1 g total fat; 97 mg cholesterol; 662 mg sodium. 1.2 g carbohydrates; 30.9 g protein
*When handling raw chicken, please follow the guidelines from the CDC here: