This recipe is from the American Diabetes Association’s Diabetes Food Hub. Click here for the original recipe and notes.
Serving Size: 2 meatballs
- ½ cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ½ zucchini (grated)
- 1 carrot (grated)
- ½ onion (grated)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ketchup and vinegar for the sauce.
- In a medium bowl, mix together remaining ingredients for the meatballs. Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Place meatballs on a baking sheet and top evenly with sauce.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until done.
Nutritional Info per serving:
Calories: 110, Fat: 4.5g, Carbs: 8g, Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 4g, Protein: 10g