I live in southern California, and tacos are a way of life. When I don’t feel like bolusing a ton for tortillas, this is a great way to get all the flavors and crunch of a taco but keep things super low in carbs and calories.
- 1 lb. ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 package McCormick taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 iceberg or romaine lettuce leaves
- ½ cup shredded Mexican cheese
- ½ white onion, chopped
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- Tapatio sauce (optional)
- Brown the meat over medium heat in a sauté pan. Break the meat up into crumbles as you cook.
- After the meat is fully cooked, add the McCormick seasoning packet and the water. Simmer for about 5-10 minutes until the water is gone.
- Spoon ¼ of the mixture onto each lettuce wrap and top with cheese, tomato, onion and Tapatio sauce, if desired. Feel free to add your own favorite taco toppings, salsa or hot sauce!