A simple and fast way to whip up a nourishing soup that’s full of fall flavor, without having to pre-roast the butternut squash.
Servings: Makes 4-8 cups (depending on how much stock you use)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ white onion
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms
- 1 15 oz. can butternut squash puree
- 16 oz. vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped green onion to taste
- Fresh dill (optional)
- Chop and sauté the onions and mushrooms in olive oil until they are well cooked.
- Add the butternut squash puree and the vegetable stock to a blender.
- Add the mushrooms and onion mixture to the blender, and blend until smooth.
- Adjust the thickness of the soup by adding more stock, if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once smooth, you can heat the soup in a saucepan or microwave.
- Garnish with chopped green onion or other herbs, such as fresh dill.
Note: Feel free to customize with other sautéed veggies and/or spices.
Nutritional Information (based on 4 servings):
Calories: 46, Fat: 7g, Carbs: 14g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 3.5g, Protein: 3g