A fun, easy and healthy Halloween treat, great for families to make together!
Makes 12 servings (1 serving = 1 egg half)
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 dill pickle spears
- 1/3 cup hummus
- 2 T fresh dill, chopped (optional)
- Sliced black olives
- Green and red food coloring
- Hard boil the eggs (I used a Dash egg cooker for flawless and easy eggs).
- Cool, peel, and slice eggs lengthwise.
- Scoop the yolks into a small bowl.
- Add ~1/4 cup Dijon mustard, or to taste.
- Finely chop the dill pickle spears and add them to the bowl, along with the hummus. Add fresh dill, if desired.
- Add 2-3 drops green food coloring and mix well.
- Put the filling into a gallon size food baggie and snip one corner. Fill the egg halves with the mixture.
- Top each egg half with a sliced black olive to act as the pupil.
- Put 1-2 drops red food coloring onto a spoon and use a toothpick to “paint” veins onto the whites of the egg halves.
Nutritional Info (for 1 eyeball):
Calories: 58, Fat: 4g, Carbs: 1.5g, Fiber: .5g, Sugar: .5g, Protein: 3.5g