This recipe is shared with permission from All Day I Dream About Food. All Day I Dream About Food offers a huge selection of delicious low carb, gluten-free, dairy-free and keto recipes. Click here to see the original recipe and notes for the peppermint bark cookies.
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
White Chocolate Filling
- 4 ounces sugar-free white chocolate chips
- 1/2 ounce cocoa butter chopped
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract (oil based works best)
Sugar free sprinkles, sanding “sugar” or edible glitter (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line a large baking sheet (or two smaller ones) with silicone liners or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with the sweetener until lightened and well combined, about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and beat until well combined. Roll the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and place a few inches apart on the prepared baking sheet(s) – you should get about 18 large cookies. Press down with the heel of your hand to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Use your thump or a blunt rounded kitchen utensil to make an indentation in the center of each. I like to use the rounded end of my stone pestel but the back of a rounded tablespoon works as well.
- Bake 12 minutes, until the cookies are puffy but still quite soft to the touch. Remove and immediately re-indent the centers (they puff up a little during baking). Let cool on the pan.
White Chocolate Filling:
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, combine the white chocolate and cocoa butter. Stir until melted and smooth. Stir in the extract.
- Spoon the white chocolate into the wells in the center of each cookie. Sprinkle with a few sugar-free sprinkles, if desired.
- Let set 1 hour. You can also refrigerate to set the chocolate faster.
Nutritional Info for 1 cookie:
Calories: 153, Fat: 14.1g, carbs: 6.2g, fiber: 3.2, Protein: 3.4