I was tempted to call this “Anti-Vampire Creamy Herb Stuffed Chicken” because I used so much garlic, but it really works in this dish!
- 2 thick skinless boneless chicken breasts
- ~8 oz cream cheese, whipped or a softened block (there will be leftover, but it’s great for using with other dishes)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (more or less to taste – there’s no such thing as too much garlic in my book!)
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh basil, finely chopped
- Seasoning of choice for chicken (I used this one: https://www.penzeys.com/online-catalog/sandwich-sprinkle/c-24/p-594/pd-s)
- 12 oz .bag of chopped broccoli (or 1 large head cut into florets)
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking oil of choice (preferable in a spray can)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Spray a large baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix the cream cheese, minced garlic, chopped spinach and basil until well combined.
- Season both sides of the chicken breast with a seasoning blend (optional but recommended).
- Using a paring knife, carefully slice an opening in each chicken breast to create a pocket.
- Using a large spoon, stuff about 2 oz. of the cream cheese mixture into each chicken breast pocket.
- Place the chicken in the baking dish, and surround it with broccoli.
- Spray everything with a little cooking oil. Sprinkle everything generously with seasoning blend of choice and a little salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and broccoli is tender. Allow to rest for a few minutes before serving.
Approximate Nutritional Info for 1 Serving (1/2 chicken breast and ¼ of the broccoli):
Calories: 220, Fat: 6g, Carbs: 8g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: .5g, Protein: 31g