This recipe is from KetoConnect, where you’ll find lots of delicious, low-carb recipe ideas and videos.
Yields: 8 Scones
Ingredients for the Scones:
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp low carb sugar substitute
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5-7 drops liquid stevia
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
Ingredients for the Glaze:
- 1/4 cup low carb sugar substitute
- 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
Instructions for the Scones:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a 10.5” cast iron skillet with coconut oil or coconut oil spray.
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients using a spoon, and in a small bowl whisk together the wet ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Fold the wet into the dry using a spatula or your hands, and mix until just combined. Add strawberries and fold until evenly combined.
- Knead the dough into a circle and cut into 8 pieces. Carefully move them into the skillet leaving a little space between each scone.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden on all edges and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the skillet for 15 minutes and then carefully transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling. While the scones are cooling, make the glaze if desired.
Instructions for the Glaze:
- Whisk together the erythritol and cream using a fork and store in the fridge until the scones are ready to be glazed.
- Once the scones have fully cooled, drizzle the glaze using a spoon over the scones and serve.
- Best stored in an airtight container in the fridge up to 7 days.
Calories: 265, Fat: 23g, Carbs: 10g (5g net), Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 2g, Protein: 8g
**Nutrition does not include glaze. If desired, swap out strawberries for a lower carb berry (blackberries) or leave them out for a lower carb scone.
Here is the full Keto Strawberry Scones recipe.