This recipe is from KetoFocus, a website full of family-tested, low-carb recipe ideas from appetizers to desserts. Click here for the full Keto Mummy Dogs recipe and notes, along with lots of other delicious and healthy recipe ideas!
Yield: 8 servings
- 3.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 grass-fed hot dogs
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt shredded mozzarella cheese in a glass bowl using the microwave, at 60 second intervals until cheese is melted. If you don’t want to use a microwave, melt the mozzarella cheese on the stovetop in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add melted cheese, almond flour, egg, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt to a food processor. Pulse until dough comes together.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal balls. Roll the ball into a long snake.
- Wrap the dough around a hot dog like a mummy.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 17 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool then add eyes. Can use mustard and ketchup for the eyes or get edible eyes for a fun look.
Calories: 419, Fat:33, Protein: 26, Carbs: 7g (4 net)