Yield: 9 servings
Ingredients for the pumpkin bars:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup sweetener
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup 100% pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients for the cream cheese frosting:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Instructions for the pumpkin bars:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the pumpkin, butter, sweetener, vanilla, and eggs using a hand mixer or whisk.
- Once mixed, add in the almond flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Stir well to break apart any clumps.
- Pour into a greased 8×8 dish and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before icing.
Instructions for the cream cheese frosting:
- Mix together the softened cream cheese, vanilla, and sweetener.
- Frost the cooled pumpkin bars and serve immediately, or store in the fridge.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 319, Fat: 28g, Carbs: 9g, Fiber: 4, Sugar: 3, Protein: 10