This recipe is from The Keto Queens, a website full of keto and low-carb recipe ideas from drinks to desserts. Click here for the full Low Carb Keto Tortilla Chips recipe, plus additional notes and ingredient links.
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon golden flaxseed meal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat liners.
- Melt the cheese in a double boiler or microwave. If you’re using the microwave, place the cheese in a large glass bowl, microwave it for one minute, and then in 15-second intervals after that, checking and stirring until it’s melted.
- Once the cheese is melted, use a fork to mix in the almond flour, flaxseed meal, salt, and pepper. Use your hands to knead it a bit until it looks like dough. (If the dough cools too much, you may need to microwave it for a few seconds so it’s easier to work with).
- Divide the dough into two equal balls. Spread or roll each ball of dough out onto the prepared baking sheets until each is a rectangle about 8 by 10-inches. Cut each into square or triangle-shaped chips. Spread the chips out on the baking sheets so they’re not touching.
- Bake until golden brown on both sides, about 10 to 15 minutes, flipping the chips once halfway through.
- Serve, or store the chips for up to three days in an airtight container at room temperature. To re-crisp the chips after the first day, bake them for five minutes at 350˚F.
Nutritional Info for 1 serving:
Note: This recipe makes 6 servings, and the number of chips varies depending on how big you cut your chips and how thin you roll out the dough.
Calories: 147, Fat: 10.9g, Sodium: 289mg, Carbohydrates: 4.3g, Fiber: 1.7g, Protein: 9.2g
To return to the February 2022 newsletter, click here.