This recipe is from The Keto Queens, a website full of keto and low-carb recipe ideas from drinks to desserts. Click here for the full Baked Kale, Sausage and Cheese Frittata recipe, plus additional notes and ingredient links.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 pound bulk turkey sausage
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 10 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Once hot, add the sausage, kale, garlic, black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes, and cook until the meat is browned, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature.
- Lightly beat together the eggs and 3/4 cup Parmesan, and pour it into the skillet with the sausage. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan on top.
- Bake until the eggs are set, about 18 to 20 minutes. If desired, broil the top to brown it slightly. Sprinkle the parsley on top.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutritional Information for 1 serving:
Calories: 245, Fat: 15g, Carbohydrates: 2g, Protein: 23g
Leave a Reply