This recipe is from The Castaway Kitchen, a website dedicated to anti-inflammatory and allergen-free recipes. See the full Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe here, along with additional notes and ingredient links.
- 2 tablespoons ground flax meal
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Zero Syrup, Choc Zero Honest Syrup, or honey (see original recipe for more details)
- 1/4 scant cup coconut flour (just under 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped up dark chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix the flax meal and water, and let it sit for 2 minutes.
- Add in the ghee and tahini and mix until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and sweetener and mix, followed by the flour and salt. Use a spatula to fold in and combine.
- Add in the chocolate and fold in. Shape into 10 even-sized balls and place them 1-inch apart on parchment paper (or a silicone mat) on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!
Nutritional Information for 1 Cookie:
Calories: 95, Fat:7g, Carbs: 3.5g, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 1.5g
Zero Syrup information? Original recipe? Where do I find these things?
The link to the original recipe and details on ingredients is at the very top of this post. Here it is again for easy access: https://thecastawaykitchen.com/egg-free-tahini-chocolate-chip-cookies-keto-dairy-free-nut-free/