This is one of Dr. E’s newest recipe creations. It’s great for breakfast, or a comfort food dinner for two!
- 2-4 slices of bacon (I make 6 at a time for extras!)
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 package pre-cooked hash browns (usually in the deli section, frozen hash browns are fine too)
- 2-3 eggs
- Avocado slices (optional)
- Hot sauce (I like Franks)
- Line a large paper plate with a full-size paper towel. Lay 6 strips of bacon on the paper towel, and cover them with another paper towel.
- Microwave for 5 minutes and 30 seconds. You can microwave longer if you like crispier bacon. Thicker bacon may also need a little more time. The paper towels absorb the fat and there’s zero clean up!
- While the bacon is cooking, heat butter or olive oil in a medium saucepan (or griddle) over medium heat.
- Add hash browns to the pan – enough to cover a plate (don’t skimp!). Brown to your desired crispiness.
- Make 2 or 3 eggs over easy. You can follow this recipe here.
- When everything is ready, plate the hash browns and top with the eggs, bacon and avocado.
- Put a rim of ketchup along the outside of the hash browns and add a line of hot sauce on top of the ketchup.
Finished product with the chef. They’re soooo good!
Islet cell (not as delicious).
Approximate Nutritional Information for 1 Serving:
Calories: 343, Fat: 18.5g, Carbs: 23g, Fiber: 3.5g, Sugar: 3.5g, Protein: 20g