This recipe is from lowcarbingasian.com, a website dedicated to easy and healthy Asian-inspired recipes. See the full Matcha Basque Burnt Cheesecake recipe here, along with additional notes, ingredient links, and a how-to video. Explore their website for lots of other delicious low-carb recipe ideas!
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened (you can microwave it for 10-15 seconds to quicken the process)
- 1/2 cup sweetener (monk fruit erythritol blend, or sweetener of choice)
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add softened cream cheese with sweetener. Use a stand or hand mixer and mix until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Add in only one egg and mix until smooth. Add in the 2nd egg and mix until smooth. Repeat until all the eggs are used.
- Add in heavy cream and vanilla extract and mix until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Sift in almond flour, matcha powder, and salt. Mix until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Line a 6-inch cake pan with parchment paper as shown. Pour in cheesecake mixture.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 35-45 minutes or until the top is dark brown and the center is jiggly.
- Remove from oven and let cheesecake cool to room temperature (~1 hour) for a jiggly texture, or refrigerate it for a firmer custard-like texture.
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving:
Calories: 346, Carbohydrates: 4g, Protein: 8g, Fat: 34g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 2g