This recipe is shared with permission from Patrick Maese at patrickmaese.com, where you’ll find lots of delicious low-carb recipe ideas. Here is the full Keto Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake recipe with additional notes.
Please Note: This recipe calls for an Aeropress to make the concentrated Pumpkin Spice Coffee. Instructions below.
- 2 cups super fine almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 whole eggs
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup erythritol
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ⅓ cup confectioners erythritol
- 1 whole egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 ½ oz Sprouts pumpkin spice coffee, concentrated (see note below)
Cinnamon Streusel Topping
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ⅓ cup brown erythritol
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup Unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9-inch square cake pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, pumpkin puree, heavy cream, erythritol, and vanilla extract. Combine with the dry ingredients and mix.
Coffee Cheesecake Layer
- In a bowl, add the softened cream cheese and beat with the erythritol.
- Add the egg, concentrated coffee & vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
Cinnamon Streusel Topping
- Add almond flour, pecans, cinnamon, and brown erythritol into a mixing bowl and mix. Pour the melted butter over the top and mix until well combined.
Assemble the Cake
- Using a spatula, spread half the pumpkin batter into your parchment lined cake pan.
- Next, pour the cream cheese mixture over the bottom cake layer and spread evenly.
- Add the remaining pumpkin cake batter and gently smooth over.
- Sprinkle the streusel crumb topping over the cake and press into the batter gently.
- Place the cake pan on the center rack of your oven and bake for 45 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick, it should come out mostly clean of batter. Let cool for at least 2 hours before serving. Store in refrigerator.
I used an Aeropress to make my concentrated 3.5 oz of pumpkin spice coffee (instructions below). You can certainly brew coffee with your traditional method, though I would suggest using a larger amount of coffee to get the concentration needed for flavor.
- 30g Sprouts Pumpkin Spice ground coffee
- 100ml hot water (200º Fahrenheit)
- Place 30 grams of ground coffee into an AeroPress.
- Starting your timer, pour 100 grams of hot water over coffee and stir rapidly until the timer reaches 20 seconds.
- At 1:00, flip and plunge for 20 seconds into your clean cup. Let cool completely.
Approximate Nutritional Information for 1 Serving:
Calories: 300, Fat: 27g, Carbs: 16.5g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 8.5g