This recipe is shared with permission from For Good Measure. Jennifer Shun is a writer, skilled home cook, and mother of a daughter living with type 1 diabetes. She shares her recipe development, food styling, and photography passions on her diabetic lifestyle blog forgoodmeasure.com.
- 4 cups delicata squash, sliced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 cups lacinato kale, chopped
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup feta, crumbled
- ½ cup pepitas, roasted
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- Toss squash in one tablespoon olive oil and arrange on prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for 30 minutes.
- Rinse and drain kale, placing in a shallow bowl.
- Whisk vinegars, garlic, paprika, salt, oregano & pepper in small bowl, until well combined. Slowly whisk in remaining olive oil until emulsified.
- Drizzle dressing over salad mixture. *
- Top with roasted squash, feta, pepitas, and pomegranate seeds.
* Dress to desired taste — leftover dressing will keep for one week refrigerated. Bring to room temperature & whisk before re-serving.
Naturally low-carb & gluten-free
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving (approximately 1.5 cups):
Calories: 187, Fat: 15g, Carbs: 10g, Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 3g, Protein: 6g