Yield: 20 mushrooms
- 2 sausage links (we use Bottos)
- 20 baby bella mushrooms (aka cremini)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 medium onion
- 1.5 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove stalks from all of the mushrooms and dice the stalks.
- Dice the onion and combine with the diced stalks. Set aside.
- Remove sausage links from their casing and cook in a sauté pan, breaking them into small pieces so almost ground. Once fully cooked, transfer them to a plate to cool.
- Add onion, mushroom stalks, and garlic to the pan and cook down until onions are translucent. Transfer to a bowl and combine with sausage and cheddar cheese. Add the salt and pepper.
- Scoop the sausage mixture into mushroom caps until you’ve filled all the mushrooms.
- Place mushrooms on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving (1 mushroom):
Calories: 56, Fat 3.7g, Carbs 1.3g, Fiber 0.6g, Protein 3.3g