Makes approximately 15-20 balls.
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz goat cheese (I select a pre-seasoned herb goat cheese for added flavor)
- 1 bag “Sweet and Spicy Pecans” fromTrader Joe’s (or ~5 oz of any nut)
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh rosemary
- 12 oz bacon
- Take cheeses out to soften to room temp (not required but recommended).
- Cook bacon until crispy, blot off excess grease and cool.
- In a food processor, pulse the bacon, nuts and rosemary until a semi-fine crumble mixture forms. Empty and set aside.
- Blend the two cheeses in the food processor (or mix by hand) until well combined and evenly mixed
- Chill the mixed cheese for a half hour.
- Take small dollops of cheese blend and roll into a ball, about the size of a large marble. (You can make them any size but keep in mind they are fairly rich).
- Roll the cheese balls in the bacon and nut crumble mixture. There will likely be leftover crumble mixture, which is great to sprinkle on a salad or in soup, or even over roasted veggies to use up (or store in an air tight container in the fridge).
- Keep chilled until serving.