This lightened up version of the popular Thai dish is made with hearts of palm “pasta” that keeps our hearts and blood sugars happy.
- 1 9-oz package hearts of palm noodles
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup bean sprouts
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons nut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
For the Garnish:
- Green onion
- Lime wedge
- Rinse the hearts of palm pasta in cold water and allow to drain.
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan, add sliced red pepper and minced garlic, sauté for a few minutes.
- Add two eggs and use a spatula to continuously scramble/mix with the veggies.
- Add in hearts of palm noodles, bean sprouts, and sauce, mix to coat evenly.
- Transfer to bowls and garnish with green onion, cilantro, and a lime wedge.
Approximate nutrition per serving:
Calories: 340, Fat: 27g, Carbs: 16g, Protein: 14g