This recipe is from nutritionist and wellness expert Jennifer Hanway. It’s high in healthy fats and the skin-loving mineral zinc, which is proven to reduce breakouts and inflammation – bread as a beauty food! Click here for the original recipe and notes, and lots of other delicious and healthy recipe ideas!
- 1 large zucchini, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup tahini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the coconut oil and tahini in a small pan and melt gently. Leave to cool.
- Squeeze any excess moisture out of the zucchini and place in a large bowl. Add the almond flour, coconut flour, sunflower seeds, baking powder, and salt, and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs and the cooled coconut oil and tahini and whisk together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine thoroughly. Pour into a silicone loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes, then turn off the oven, carefully remove the loaf from the pan and set back in the oven on a baking sheet for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Leave to cool before slicing (if you can!)