Pull a cauliflower audible in this game-changing veggie swap created by our Continuing Medical Education Manager Sarah. The tangy buffalo sauce livens up the cauliflower, making this a perfect party app or fun side dish (if you don’t eat it all straight from the sheet pan).
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets (or you can buy a bag of pre-cut florets)
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup unsweetened, unflavored almond milk (or milk of choice)
- ¼ cup buffalo sauce, plus more for dipping (we used Primal Kitchen, which is low carb)
- Veggies and parsley for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix together flour and spices, add milk and stir until batter is even and smooth.
- Add cauliflower florets to the batter and mix until coated. You want just a light coating on all pieces, otherwise they will be soggy!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and distribute the florets evenly in a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Pull them out of the oven, brush them with buffalo sauce, and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, and serve with veggies and extra sauce for dipping.
Nutritional Information for 1 serving (half the recipe):
Calories: 412, Fat: 30g, Carbs: 23.5g, Fiber: 11g, Sugar: 7.5g, Protein: 16.5g
Note: The cauliflower does shrink down a bit after baking.