- 4 medium hot dogs
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut each hot dog into 3 equal-sized pieces and set aside.
- Melt mozzarella in microwave, and add almond flour and egg. Stir to combine.
- Add baking powder, garlic, and salt. Combine well. If the mixture starts to harden again you can pop it into the microwave for 10-15 seconds to loosen the cheese, but be careful not to cook the eggs.
- Form the dough into 12 equal-sized pieces and roll them out into little ovals. Place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place each hot dog piece into the dough and wrap it up like it’s in a blanket. Sprinkle each one with sesame seeds (press them down so they stick to the dough).
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Serve warm and enjoy!
Nutritional Information for 1 serving (3 “pigs”):
Calories: 332, Fat: 27.5g, Carbohydrates: 7g, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 16g