Jennifer Shun is the parent of a type 1 diabetic teen and is the author of For Good Measure, which features low-carb, farm-to-table California cuisine — a resource with specific ingredient lists and nutritional data geared to diabetics. Click here for the original recipe and notes.
Please note you will need a food processor for this recipe.
- 6 cups carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup Greek feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño, minced *
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/8 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
* If you would like less heat, seed the jalapeño before mincing (wearing gloves is recommended).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- Wash and halve carrots, arranging on prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil, tossing to combine.
- Roast for 30 minutes, until fork tender and slightly charred.
- In a food processor, combine red wine vinegar, jalapeño, shallots, garlic and salt.
- Rest for 5 minutes.
- Add herbs, pulse to combine.
- Add olive oil in parts, pulsing to combine.
- Drizzle chimichurri over roasted carrots and top with feta.
Nutritional Info for ½ cup:
Calories: 110, Fat: 8g, Carbs: 7 (5 net), Fiber: 2, Sodium: 309mg, Sugar: 3, Protein: 1g