Chef Robert Lewis, the Happy Diabetic Chef, offers up this simple spinach salad recipe that pairs well with almost any entree.
For the Salad:
- 12 ounces fresh spinach
- ½ red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 dried Mission figs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 ounces crumbled goat cheese
For the Dressing:
- 6 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Put the spinach in a large bowl. Top with onions, figs, sunflower seeds, tomatoes, and goat cheese.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and drizzle over the salad.
Nutritional Information for 1 Serving:
Calories: 257, Fat: 17g, Carbs: 17g, Fiber: 3.5g, Sugar: 10g, Protein: 9g
Leave a Reply