About: Dr. Preethika Ekanayake
Dr. Preethika Ekanayake is a board certified endocrinologist practicing clinical endocrinology at UC San Diego. She received her B.S degree in Neurosciences from UCLA, MD degree from UC Davis and completed her 3 year internal medicine residency at UCSD. She then practiced as a hospitalist at Kaiser San Diego for 4 years, prior to deciding to pursue a subspecialty in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism at UC San Diego. In addition to practicing clinical medicine, her passion is in medical education, and she teaches at the UCSD medical school. She enjoys traveling all over the world with the husband, doing yoga, hiking, and hanging out with her dogs.
Posts by Dr. Preethika Ekanayake:
- The Benefits and Barriers of Insulin Pump Therapy in Type 2 Diabetes (July 24, 2023 - Multiple Daily Injections, Pumps, Type 2)
- Mind Your Mind: Meditating Your Way to a Healthy Year and a Healthier Life (December 16, 2022 - Emotional Health, Meditation, Stress)
- SGLT2 Inhibitors in Type 1 Diabetes: Friend or Foe? (July 24, 2022 - Heart Disease, Kidneys, SGLT2)
- Tandem’s t:slim Gets a Mobile Bolus, and There’s Lots More in Store (February 23, 2022 - Pumps, Tandem Diabetes Care)
- Trijardy XR: The First Triple Combo Pill for Type 2 Diabetes (March 17, 2020 - Medications, Type 2)